Helenes House

Foto: VisitHerning
Attraktionen
Museen
Helene's house is the last remaining of 6 workhouses in the area called "Sammel-sted by". The houses were built for the poorest in the community of Øre parish in the years after 1815. The purpose was that the poor should help with the cultivation of the moor in the area.   
Addresse

Sammelstedvej 15

7400 Herning

The first house was build for the gypsy, Johs. Axelsen and his family and was called Axelhus. In 1917, the blicher memorial stone was placed on the site of Axelhus, in memory of St. St. Blicher, who placed the action in his novel "Keltringliv" (Scoundrel life) on Ørre Hede. 

Helene's house was occupied until 1989 and is now run by Herning Municipality. In the preserved workhouse there is an exhibition about the poor-community's history.

Helenes Hus is closed from 1 November - 1 April every year. 

 

Addresse

Sammelstedvej 15

7400 Herning

Öffnungszeiten

01 Apr 20 / 31 Oct 20

MontagDienstagMittwochDonnerstagFreitagSamstagSonntag

01 Apr 21 / 31 Oct 21

MontagDienstagMittwochDonnerstagFreitagSamstagSonntag

01 Apr 22 / 31 Oct 22

MontagDienstagMittwochDonnerstagFreitagSamstagSonntag

Erleben Sie auch

Aktualisiert von: