The church is designed by the architect Aksel Skov, Aarhus and was consecrated on the 15th of September 1963 by bishop Baun.
The name of the church refers to 1945, when the message of liberty was given. Means for construction of the church was collected by collections from house to house. The church faces the west, towards the throbbing life of the town. This way it seems to be inviting everybody to search the peace of God for a moment.
The church is in the project "vejkirker" (Road churches) and therefore it is open in the daytime hours.
For further information: